top of page




Customer Service 

M to F   09:00 ~ 18:00

T. + 82.2.587.5625

T. + 82.70.7594.3290  

F. + 82.2.587.5624


Q. Can I get a job without a degree? 


A: Legally you need a 3-4 year degree to get a E2 work visa and legally teach English here. 

You need to have an undergraduate university degree in any subject to teach English in Korea. 

You must also be from an English-speaking country (UK, US, Canada, Australia, NZ, South Africa).

It used to be that a 2 year diploma plus a TESOL cert was fine but in 10/01 they changed the law. 

If you don't have a degree you might be better off looking at rest of Asian countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, or China.



Q. Can I save money in Korea? 


A: Certainly the potential is that to save quite lot, even over half of what you're earning. 

For the same income in say Canada as here and living at the same standard of living in Canada as you can here, 

you could still save half of what you'll earn here. And you probably wouldn't save anything in Canada if you lived like you can live here. 



Q. Do I need to have previous teaching experience to be hired in Korea? 


A: Not necessarily. 

As long as you have a Bachelor's degree from one of the seven designated English-speaking countries and have a bright, inquisitive nature 

and a genuine desire to teach, you have a strong chance of finding a job.



Q. What should I do if I just want a job in a specific location?  


A: It’s good to know what you want, however, the more flexible you can be about location, the more opportunities you will have. 

The teachers who find jobs quickly are the ones who are open to experiencing different locations. 

While we can’t guarantee an opening in the location of your choice, we will do our best to place you there if a position becomes available.  



Q. How soon should I begin gathering my visa documents after I apply with you?  


A: Immediately. Some of the documents you need to prepare in order to get an E2 Visa are quite time-consuming, 

especially the Criminal Reference Check (CRC). The sooner you can have your documents in order, the more attractive you are to prospective employers.



Q. How is the pay calculated? 


A: The salary for an ESL teacher in Korea is among the highest in the world. 

Your Salary will differ from contract to contract, but is usually between 1.9 million to 2.5 million won on average per month. 

Sometimes we have positions with a higher salary range for teachers with exceptional experience and education. 



Q. Do I have to pay for my accommodation or my flight? 


A: No. Your employer will cover the cost of your flight to and from Korea, and accommodation will be provided for you. (Usually a single furnished apartment.)



Q. Do I need the TESOL certificate to work in Korea?


A: Although it is not necessary, it will definitely make you more marketable if you are lacking in teaching experience. 

It will also teach you skills and provide you with knowledge that will help you adjust and be effective in the classroom.



Q. Do you have any positions for couples?


A: Yes, we do have positions for couples. They are not as common as other positions, so it always a good idea to be fairly open to locations. 

Couple positions also come with housing for two.



Q. How often will I get paid?


A: Teachers are paid once a month.



Q. Do the schools have a set curriculum?


A: Yes, schools have organized curriculum. 

Adding to your curriculum is always a good idea though, as it allows you customize your classes and make them more fun or effective for your students.



Q. Will I get training before I teach?


A: Yes, new teachers get an orientation and training for a few days before you teach.



Q. Can I teach in Korea if I have a criminal record?


A: No, immigration will not accept applicants with criminal records.



Q. What do teachers do for fun in Korea?


A: There is plenty to do: eating out, singing karaoke, frequenting pubs and traveling domestically are all cheap and popular options.



Q. How long are the contracts in Korea?


A: Contracts are for a duration of one year.



Q. Will my apartment be close to the school?


A: Yes, your apartment will be within 10-15 minutes walking distance to the school.



Q: Will I get full health care in Korea?


A: Yes, you will pay 50% of the cost and your employer will pay the other 50%. It can range from $20-$30/US per mth.












bottom of page