For being an ESL teacher in Korea
You must meet the following requirements:
1) A Native English Speaker only,
must have citizenship and a valid passport from one of the following English-speaking countries:
Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United States, United Kingdom.
2) A minimum of BA or BS degree in any field from an accredited university.
* Two or Three year college graduates (AA/AS degree holder) are not allowed to get the work visa, even you have a Tesol certificate. However, you are eligible to apply for those who have a bachelors level degree or higher from an accredited university in Korea and graduated high school or 2-3 college in English-speaking countries.
3) National level Criminal history with no record on a criminal background
(background checks are a standard procedure)
4) General good health, both mental and physical
(You will have medical examination including drug screening and HIV test after you arrive Korea.
If you cannot pass it, your visa will be canceled right away.)
5) Must be able to commit to contract period and be punctual